The overall objective is to introduce new territories to the use of an integrated management support system for planning energy renovation projects for public buildings at local and regional level. The approach builds on the results and lessons learnt from the previous IMPULSE MED project, where 6 cities implemented and tested the protocol and tools to recognize the best renovation options associated with 3% floor-area annual renovation plans and financial schemes.
The goal is to raise capacities and engage the related departments (technical, urban planning, energy, development ones) in the use of the new adapted tools. The typology approach followed, and the highly demanding expertise methods conducted will allow public administrations to take more confident decisions and concentrate their efforts in the actual implementation, saving time and money from pre-feasibility studies.
- Adaptation of energy renovation planning tool and financial schemes tool to the specific local/regional contexts, in line with EU energy directives (EPBD and EDD) and the new EU commitments (Renovation Wave Strategy and the European Green Deal)
- Develop or increase the existing public buildings typologies in each territory & adaptations/updates of the KPIs databases to the current regional/local context and legislation. • Training in the use of new adapted tools
- MoUs: energy renovation plan, assessment of the associated financing schemes, protocol followed.
Givers partners will contribute their previous experience in the development, implementation and use of IMPULSE tools, from a complementary perspective as technical experts and public administration respectively, introducing new territories to the IMPULSE philosophy and the use of the tools.
The joint work of all the partners under a cooperative and transnational approach will allow identifying the needs of each of the recipient territories adapting the tools to their specific contexts while accounting common criteria for the latest developments at all policy levels, especially considering the Clean Energy for All Europeans Package, the European Green Deal, and the EU Renovation Wave.
Training in the use of the new adapted tools will allow receivers territories to develop/improve an energy renovation plan for their stock of public buildings as well as the most appropriate financing scheme for that specific plan among the various solutions evaluated with the Financial schemes tool. The typology approach followed, and the highly demanding expertise methods conducted will raise capacities of public administrations to make more confident decisions and concentrate their efforts in the actual implementation, saving time and money from pre-feasibility studies.
Transferring actions & respective roles by the partners are the following:
- International introduction webinar: Givers partners (GPs) will co-organize an international webinar targeted to receivers’ partners (RPs) to introduce them in the IMPULSE methodology, and tools.
- Receiver Partners need assessment survey: GPs will carry out a RPs needs assessment survey to collect their needs regarding the tools. RPs will identify new typologies to be implemented, as well as other needs regarding the approach of planning and financial tools.
- Adjustment of tools to the specific local/regional contexts: RPs will produce, modify and/or adapt public buildings typologies and KPIsdatabases, essential for the operation of impulse tools, according to their regional/local regulatory framework and context. The project will modify and adjust the technical tools in order to adapt them to the needs of receivers’ partners under a transnational point of view.
- Train-of-trainers course: GPs will provide online training on the improved tools targeted to RPs.
- Regional training courses: RPs will organise regional training addressing technicians and departments involved in the energy management of buildings, to reach full competences in the use of tools.